Blueberry Jam with Orange Zest and Fresh Mint
This jam is an ode to my father, the smell of bread toasting in the morning, the butter melting and the freshness of the blueberries filling your sense as it hits the hot surface will always make me think of my father. I love creating or making gifts for people for no reason and I am sure glad I did with this jam, it is truly magic in a bite!
- 4 Cups of fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoon of orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon of chopped mint
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- In a large sauce pan with 2 tablespoons of water you will dump in the blueberries and mash them.
- Once brought to a boil you will want to add the sugar and stir until it’s dissolved.
- Add in the lemon & orange juice, zest , cinnamon and mint to the mixture. Increase the heat and bring mixture to a rolling boil. Once brought to a boil, take off the heat. 8-10 minutes * Note: The longer you cook it the more it thickens.
- Let it cool in a heat proof bowl for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Can be kept in a fridge for about 2 weeks in air tight container.