Can I be honest with you? I know I share a smoothie almost everyday but before I started sharing them here and on my social media, I would never have shared them without this one simple ingredient I wasn’t putting into my morning smoothies.
Want to know what that ingredient is? It’s protein but not your typical protein that you may think of , like milk, whey protein, etc. NO, NO, NO, for me I used vegan proteins made from peas, beans, etc. Every time, I would make my smoothies without it I got so hungry like an hour later but when I started placing protein into my smoothies, I was able to stay fuller longer, etc.
Below are four vegan protein options to add your smoothies!
1. Chickpeas:– Great source of plant-based protein, A 1-ounce (28-gram) serving provides about 3 grams of protein. – healthline.com
2. Vegan Protein Powders: Like ones that are pea, hemp, pumpkin, based.
3. Peanut Butter/ Nut Butter: Not only does it taste delicious but it is packed with protein just one tablespoon contains 4 grams of it!
4. Nuts: I love to put walnuts into my smoothies not only is a great source of protein but walnuts are great brain food.
5. Vegan Yogurt: Vegan yogurts are full of probiotic bacteria, which is great for your digestive system. Yogurts made from nut milk are rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, protein, fibre, calcium, vitamins C and E, zinc, iron and magnesium.- thevegankindsupermarket.com
Ingredients For The Smoothie Above:
1 Frozen Banana
1/2 cup Chickpeas
1 TBSP Hemp Seed
1 TBSP Ground Flax Seed
2 TBSP Cacao Powder
1 Pinch ( 5 -6 leaves ) Spinach
1 cup Almond Milk
Place all the ingredients in the blender, enjoy!