Quinoa Granola Breakfast Bowl
This recipe is inspired by a breakfast bowl that I had at one of our favorite vegan and gluten free restaurants called Joi. Sadly we don’t have one near us so I thought, maybe I could recreate it at home, different but the same. This bowl is packed with protein, did you know that “One cup cooked provides about 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. Unlike some plant proteins, quinoa is a complete protein, meaning that it contains all nine essential amino acids that our bodies cannot make on their own?” * Harvard University. Along with the protein the bowl as a bunch of nutrients that are great for your overall health as well as your fertility. Not to mention it helps keep you full longer and a great energy boost to start the day.
What I love about this bowl is that you can add things to it that you like, we love fresh berries, fruit, bee pollen, goji berries, etc.
What would you add let me know below!
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 3/4 oat milk
- 1 cup cooked quinoa any variety ( You will have some left over for next time.)
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup of your favorite granola
- 1 tsp bee pollen (optional)
- 1/2 cup cut organic strawberries( optional)
How to cook quinoa:
- First you want to rinse the quinoa and drain it next add it to the water in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Next you will want to remove the quinoa from the heat and let it sit. Let it cool!!
- Once it is cooled, build your bowl, in a bowl take about 1/3 cup of the cooled cooked quinoa, next top it with 1/3 cup of your favorite granola, sprinkle it with the hempseed, chia seeds, bee pollen, etc! Pour some of your favorite milk on top an enjoy!