We love salads in our home! Not only are they simple to make but they are extremely healthy for you when made correctly. One of our favorite salads to make is our vegan Kale Caesar salad which we sometimes add grilled salmon too.
I will just get right to the point and leave out the sentimental part of the salad! Sometimes you just have to eat! Check out our simple vegan Kale Caesar Salad recipe perfect for dinner for two or just you!
3-4 Udi’s Sourdough left out for a couple hours or Day Old Bread
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning
Vegan Caesar Dressing:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight.
- 1/4 cup water.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped.
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, ribs removed and shredded
- 2 avocados, cut into large wedges
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the bread into small cubes. Transfer cubed bread to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the bread with the olive oil and butter and then sprinkle with salt, pepper and, the everything bagel seasoning!
- Gently toss the croutons and make sure they are coated.
- Bake until they are golden brown, roughly about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
To make the dressing
- First, you will want to drain the cashews of any excess water!
- Next, you will want to add the cashews along with lemon, salt, and pepper, the garlic, water into the blender. As that is blending slowly pour the olive oil in. Remember this is supposed to mirror a caesar dressing so it is going to look creamy. If you would like it to be a little looser just add a tablespoon of water at a time till desired consistency!
To prepare the salad
- Shred the kale into a large bowl, pour and mix the dressing over the kale. Add croutons and protein if desired, enjoy!