We are big fans of oats here, even before we knew all the health benefits they provide for your overall health like helping to lower blood glucose and cholesterol levels.
My husband and I eat oats every day and we aren’t looking to change that anytime soon! My husband loves making overnight oats and will bring it to work with him but the other day, he had such a late night with work and an early morning to follow. We both forgot to make the overnight oats so I stopped to think. How can I turn the overnights oats into something I can prep on a Sunday and he can just have them for the rest of the week!
Not to mention I also thought they would be delicious snacks for me!
Below is one of our new recipes for oats!
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups milk, I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed, see subs below
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips, divided ( vegan if desired)